Liposuction is the world’s second most popular cosmetic surgery procedure, which removes your excess stubborn fat from some body parts like neck, hips, thighs, and arms to give you an improved contoured body shape that you are aiming for.
To maintain the best results of your liposuction surgery you need to follow these do’s and don’t:
- Do wear your compression garments after surgery, and follow all postoperative instructions. Compression garments help your skin compress over the space where the fat cells used to be, helping develop a smooth look over the area.
You may also like How Long Does It Take For Skin To Tighten After Liposuction.
- Try to continue exercising after you get the go-ahead from your doctor. Continuing with proper eating and exercising after surgery will keep your weight at a healthy level and enhance recovery.
- Maintain gentle activity in the first two weeks after surgery, like slow walking. This helps your body fluid drain from the surgical site and will help prevent complications after the procedure.
- Don’t plan to get pregnant quickly after your surgery.
- Do not lift heavy objects or bend over during the first few days after your procedure.
You may also like How Soon Can You Exercise After A Liposuction Surgery
- Do not expect to see your results on the same day of surgery. You might experience some swelling, and the compression garments will be obscuring your view anyway. Wait a few days for the swelling to go down and for the garments to be removed before assessing your new look. Keep in mind that the skin will continue to tighten over the area for up to a few weeks after the procedure.
- Don’t smoke! Smoking can delay your recovery because it lowers the oxygen levels in the blood, and your body needs oxygen to heal.
Do you want to achieve your ideal body shape with trusted and experienced surgeons around New Zealand? We’d love to help. Contact us today.